Thursday, January 2, 2014

December 9, 2013

Elder Low's report:

This week I've been really reading about miracles, and in particular the verses on this subject in Moroni 7:

"27 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, have amiracles ceased because Christ hath ascended into heaven, and hath sat down on the right hand of God, tobclaim of the Father his rights of mercy which he hath upon the children of men?
28 For he hath answered the ends of the law, and he claimeth all those who have faith in him; and they who have faith in him will acleave unto every good thing; wherefore he badvocateth the cause of the children of men; and he dwelleth eternally in the heavens.
29 And because he hath done this, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have aangels ceased to minister unto the children of men."

This caught my attention in particular because sometimes in the past I have felt that I shouldn't sit around looking for miracles, I think that somehow by searching for them I am demonstrating that my faith is weak, that I need God to prove himself to me. From these verses I came to understand that my lack of trust in the power of the Lord, very well may be a reason why I do not see his power manifest, for he claimeth those who have faith in him.

This past transfer me and my companion have been struggling to find people who want to progress, who are looking for our message.
We’d knock and knock and nothing would happen. Then Thursday this week we pulled up to go to a member’s house to get some food. We were early so we began to think of ways we could use this extra time wisely.
My companion suggested we harvest.
I was a little hesitant to this idea, as I had been in this area many times before, and felt that it was quite unlikely to find anyone to teach in Spanish, but my companion insisted. So after praying for the Lord to guide us, and asking the members the best direction to go, we set off.
The first door we knocked was a young Spanish mother, who says she had seen us in the area before, and also has been looking for a church to help her family. We shared a prayer with her, and invited her to be baptized on the 15th, she readily accepted.
She came to church on Sunday and continues to progress daily.

God provides, he has promised he will to those who follow him, and he cannot lie.
As a result of this, if we are following him, and we search for his hand, our faith will grow rather than wane, because we will not be disappointed by the absence of the Lord's hand, but surprised by his power to save.

Elder Low.

No comments:

Post a Comment