Tuesday, December 23, 2014

October 20, 2014




https://blu180.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gifElder Low's Report:

This week I have continued my chronological reading in the Book of Mormon. During it, I went through the Isaiah chapters in 2nd Nephi. One that really struck me was about the Book of Mormon, and how it will gather those who want to follow Jesus Christ:

" 11 And it shall come to pass in that day that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.
 12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

We focused a lot on not only finding new investigators, but building our investigator pool, through strengthening the investigators we already have and focusing on returning to the elect. One of our investigators who I talked about finding last week, turned out to really like us. After that first time of meeting him, since then he always seems excited to see us, but was having trouble accepting new doctrine. We gave him a Book of Mormon. Upon holding it he said, "I like books, so I’m going to read this. But," he said holding up his bible, "I already know this is the only word of God." We told him to read and find out. The next day we prayed and hoped that he would read and that God would give him a testimony of the restoration and the Book of Mormon. We went back over. He sat us down. He said, “I read a bit of the book." We listened intently. He looked up at us. "I like it a lot," he said with a smile.

I know that the Lord softens people’s hearts. I know that through the ensign that he has established, which is the Book of Mormon, he will gather together all those who choose to be his people, and thus bring them unto Christ.

Elder Low





No comments:

Post a Comment