Wednesday, October 15, 2014

October 14, 2014



Elder Low's Report:
This week I’ve continued my chronological reading in the Book of Mormon and have ended up just a little ways into second Nephi. As I went through the end of first Nephi I really came to understand a lot better the patience and love that Nephi had for his brothers Laman and Lemuel. As a result I think it struck me a lot harder when God in chapter 5 of second Nephi commands him to leave his brothers, and move:
 5 And it came to pass that the Lord did warn me, that I, Nephi, should depart from them and flee into the wilderness, and all those who would go with me.
 I think this was probably a hard decision for Nephi. It doesn't say exactly how he left, but it does say that all who would come, did, which gives me the impression that he asked everybody. Here I learned that sometimes the Lord asks us to do hard things sometimes, but I know that as we follow him we will feel like Nephi and those who did choose right felt as they wrote:
27 And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness.
This week we were so blessed as we searched really hard for new people to teach. We found investigators harvesting, through formers, and through less actives. Our pool was building and we even found a couple of people from the area book who had already been to church multiple times. Then almost all at once our people dropped us. It was soooooo hard. We had come to love these people, we thought about how it was we could get them back. In the end, however, we knew that God was calling us to find something better. We knew there were people waiting for us. We went and tried some people who hadn't had time for a harvest blessing, but still told us to come back. One of them let us in. We prayed with him, and he proceeded to ask tons of questions. We testified of Jesus Christ, and of the purpose of a restoration. He asked for a Book of Mormon, committed himself to come to church, and asked us to come back. It was super cool but we are not done yet. We’re going to build up this ward and bring those who we know are waiting.
I know the Lord has a plan for us, and that as we follow it, no matter how difficult it may be, it will also bring to us that which is best.

Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment