Sunday, March 23, 2014

March 17, 2014

Elder Low's report:

This week I've gone back to reading in Alma particularly about the mission of Ammon. I am always so impressed by not only the courage, and faithfulness of Ammon, but also his patience and love towards the people he had come to teach. When captured by the Lamanite king, he states that he shall be his servant. He then goes about serving the king in such simple and small ways that eventually the king becomes converted, Ammon having demonstrated by his actions that he truly is a representative of Jesus Christ.

This week we spent a lot of time finding. We knocked door after door after door knowing that we as a companionship had been sent to this place to teach those certain elect people who would be touched by our testimonies, and as such would not stop looking until we found them. This continued until Saturday when we had so many follow -up appointments that it was 7 o'clock and we still had not harvested for the hour we knew we needed to and at 8:45, on the last door, we knocked into a lady we did not recognize the accent of. We asked her where she was from and she said France. I told her that I was from Canada. More interesting than us finding a French woman in a nearly all Cuban area was that she seemed excited in the fact that I was from Canada. She asked what my full name was. I replied, "Dallin Low” and she looked even more curious. "What’s your father's name?" she asked. "Granger Low," I replied. She laughed and explained that on my birthday my father had ordered a pastry platter for his son who was a missionary from Canada, and said that she was both the person who had spoken with my father and performed the order. She was quite interested that we were here and gratefully accepted the prayer and expressed interest in seeing us again.

Through the small and simple acts of kindness, politeness, love, simplicity, and boldness it is wondrous to see how the Lord softens the hearts of men. There is real power in the simple examples of those who represent Christ's church on the earth, such as watching the king's flock, or ordering a pastry platter for a son on a mission, that cause people to come closer unto Christ. This must be at least partially what the Lord was talking about when he stated, "I shall send the simple to confound the rulers of the earth."

Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment