Friday, July 26, 2013

July 8, 2013

Dear Family;

Okay I have to do this quick. I have arrived in Florida. The weather is great actually, not really any problems there.
My trainer is Elder X and he has two transfers left, so I'll probably be his last companion in the field. As far as the language thing is going; I pretty much a best two years thing going on.(That's not the language they taught me in the MTC).
No I can't speak Spanish yet unfortunately but the work is still going great.
I haven't found out about music yet, next week I'll have more time and be able to tell you my address.
As for food I'm eating, cereal mostly.

Elder Low's weekly report:

This was my first week in the field and has probably been the strangest, most stressful, and yet inspiring part of my life that I have experienced as far as I can remember. I've been here for four days and already I've taught lessons (or at least tried to help teach), found and blessed families, and had my fair share of doors slammed. I knew I would be doing a lot in a short amount of time but I don't think I ever understood to what degree. There have been many nights in which I have completely understood what Elder Holland meant when he said work until you fall on your bed in gleeful exhaustion.
The most inspiring experiences so far however I think, have come during harvest blessings. It is incredible to me how our blessing can take someone who is hesitant and uncomfortable, and completely change their demeanor. They feel the Holy Ghost and it's like looking at a whole other person. Being constantly striving to obtain and be worthy for the presence and companionship of the Holy Ghost so that I can teach as a missionary is so important.  I guess I never realized that some of these people don't even know what its presence feels like, and then when they do feel it, the incredible power it has to change hearts, and calm souls. It is truly humbling to have the opportunity to direct such a power.
As for what I've been learning in the Book of Mormon, it's hard to know where to start. I bit ago I was studying in 2 Nephi 9, and I got to the part where Nephi states oh the foolishness of men! When they are learned they think they are wise, and really stuck out to me. When I came out I recalled you saying that on their missions boys are forged into men, but with the humbling experience that was my week, not being able to speak Spanish and all, the more I come to realize that that is not the method God uses to make great missionaries, but instead men come into the field, that they might be broken down into children, who's most powerful tools are their love and the spirit of God that directs them, that the wise may not be confounded by the learning of men, but the power of God.

Love you guys.

Elder Low

Picures:
1. The Missionaries going to Chile
2.  Me and one of the Chilean Missionaries
3. Me and everyone else
4. From left to right, Elder P my first companion, Elder K one of the Chileans, Elder T my second companion, some dude with short hair who jumped into the picture for no reason (oh that's me).
5. My district drawn by Hermana N from another district.
6. My zone (except me).







No comments:

Post a Comment