Tuesday, June 11, 2013

June 11, 2013

Hola!

I know you want an update of my life and everything, but I'm a slow typist, and I only have an hour, and doing everything I have to in that time is pretty hard, so some letter's might be good, and some might be bad. sorry there's really no way around that.

Yes I got the cinnamon buns, unfortunately everyone in the zone was still pretty full, and Elder T one of my fellow Floridians got a dozen as well, so I ended up giving six to Elder H and six to Elder P.
No I don't have any cool name in Spanish actually, Spanish has a lot of similar roots to English, so it's actually surprising how close you can guess what fluent speakers are saying by just guessing based on words that are the same.
or maybe it's just the gift of interpretation of tongues.
yo no se.
As for news around the zone, when I first came here there were 3 other elders who were going to Florida Spanish speaking at the same time as me, Elder P my companion, and the companionship of Elder T and Elder Anonymous.
me and elder P always got along pretty well, I mean as well as a jock and a nerd can get along any ways  but Elder T and Elder Anonymous never really did, they dealt with it, but they were super different.
Anyway, around Tuesday Elder Anonymous told us he was heading home, and Wednesday morning he was released and got picked up. no one was sure the reasons, but at the same time it wasn't really any of our business. 
it was kind of weird, as far as the zone went he was probably the odd one out, but when he told us he was leaving everyone just... changed. it hit us all pretty hard, even Elder T seemed a little choked up to see him go.
As for what's happening now Elder T is now in a three man companionship with us.

One of my favourite scriptures has become that one in the new testament, "He who will find his life shall lose it, but he who will lose his life for my sake shall find it," as i think it's one of the best missionary scriptures.

Anyway, that's what's up.
As for things to send; addresses, addresses addresses. I can't send mail without them and I have 0.
and I checked about the sheet music, and it's sort of a grey area, officially it's up to your mission president, but here in the MTC they seem to discourage it, while at the same time having a musical number from a different missionary pianist at every devotional... with sheet music... so I don't know. 
so just wait until I get into the field so I can ask my mission president before we have any of it sent.

Love,

Elder Low.

No comments:

Post a Comment